Friday, February 24, 2012

Called up to the big leagues...

Sometimes a paladin has to choose between the safety of his cozy spot in the Auction House, and the glory that awaits a hero not afraid to spill a few pints of his own blood (I mean, what is blood good for if not to spill?).


So there I was, hovering over Orgrimmar when the raid leader for Group 1 (OMG, heroic modez!) sent me a tell.

"Are you available to tank for my raid tonight?"

**SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE**

"Ahem, I mean, sure, I'd be honored."

And that's how I ended up with Heroic - Hand of Morchock.

Thanks to Team Kaels for letting me come along for the ride. It was a blast, and we almost got Heroic Ultraxion as well.

BOOZE OF THE NIGHT: Nicolis Amarone, 2004
 

I love Amarone, and it sort of looks like blood, so I figured it would be a great choice for a night of tanking things way above my head. Rich and smokey, but not so overpowering that I couldn't have a 2nd (or 4th) glass. The smooth, sexy berry flavors that the Corvina grape offers made for a great pairing with the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger I munched on pre-raid ;)


3 comments: