Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Does My Totem Measure Up?

There's only one way to get better at Raid Healing. Heal Raids.



I've been taking Elutem the Resto Shaman into the LFR lately for some practice, and boy does the Shaman shine in 25 man mode.

Between having Healing Rain hitting 15+ people at once, and Chain Heal having lots of targets to choose from, topping the meters is easier than ever, but is that all a totem-toter can bring to the table?

Of course there is, and here's my list of things I'm practicing:

Earth Shield must never go off of the main tank. Ever. I'm using Healbot to notify me if the buff is gone, and keeping the main tank as my focus. With that setup, this macro works well:
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,noharm] Earth Shield

Keep the Riptide dance going. It's easy to get a rhythm in your head for the cooldown if you think <Riptide - Healing Wave (or GHW) - Healing Wave>. There is a slight pause after the second filler before Riptide is ready again, so you can either throw in an Unleash Elements, or just wait a half-second. Either way, it's like counting "One, two, three... One, two, three". Once the dance is learned it's pretty easy.

Cast Chain Heal on a target with Riptide whenever possible.

We're getting ready to make the push to Madness this week, so hopefully I'll have a title to show off soon.


BOOZE FOR LAST WEEK:
I had a 12 pack of Ranger IPA from New Belgium just waiting to be destroyed, so I had some hoppy goodness all week.

I love Ranger because it's not an "angry" IPA, it's got lots of hops, but good citrusy balance, which makes for a decent session beer, in spite of its higher alcohol content.

I'll have to remember to bring some more home the next time I go up to Nashville to visit the Lady's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment